The B&B neighborhood is very quiet and green. A lot of shops, excellent restaurants, tourist attractions, the famous Hermitage and other museums are on your doorstep.
The restaurants in this list, are places near The Flying Pancake that we like to go ourselves. Only Envy is a bit further, but worth your visit. It is always safe to call and make a reservation in advance. Give us your feedback if we miss great places. We will go and try them out, too!
Brasserie - Amstel Hotel
- Professor Tulpplein 1, 00 31 20 6226060. The Brasserie is located in the best and most beautiful hotels in Amsterdam. This is where all the international celebrities stay, when they visit our city. Excellent food and service and superb view on the Amstel river.
The high tea in the lounge of the hotel is also a great experience.
- Prinsengracht 381, 00 31 20 3446407. Eating at Envy is an evening out. It is nice and trendy, but it is still about good quality food. The kitchen is open and all the ingredients are on display in fridges with glass doors that cover an entire wall of the restaurant.
You order a variety of small dishes that you can share.
- Plancius - Plantage Kerklaan 61, 00 31 20 3309469. This restaurant is on 3 minutes walk from The Flying Pancake. It is nice and casual and it is frequented by many people from our neighborhood and from the TV studio (Dutch National Television) across the street. A good variety of meat, fish and vegetarian food accompanied with good wine. Excellent choice for your first evening in town.
- Tempo Doeloe - Utrechtsestraat 75, 00 31 20 3309469. One of the best Indonesian restaurants in town. Share the famous rice table together. I have once had their food ordered for Cameron Diaz and Antonio Banderas, and they loved it!
- Espressobar Puccini - Staalstraat 21, 00 31 20 6208458. This is our favorite place for lunch. Totally healthy and tasty and on a great spot in town. On the nights nights that there is a performance in the Stopera (which is about next to it) they also serve pasta meals between 6 and 8 p.m.
- We like this
- Excellent choice
- Our favorite